Our educational aims are the idea that bases the activity of the center and that has been the result of the will and experience of this educational community.
1. Educational concern will subordinate information to training and to the development of the personality of students and pupils.
2. It shall be ensured that the interests of the pupil and the pupil are those who define the criteria that will govern the performance in their training and not the interests of the parents, educators or center.
3. Special attention will be paid to the human formation of the student and the pupil based on the aspect to the desires of freedoms of the person, within the democratic principles of the coexistence and the exercise of the tolerance and the freedom, as well as the education for the Peace, cooperation and solidarity among peoples.
4. The student will receive training that will enable him to assume his duties and exercise his rights as a citizen, preparing him to participate actively and creatively in social and cultural life.
5. Openness to all currents of active pedagogy as a method that helps students build the
Knowledge through experimentation, feeling protagonists of their own learning.
6. Personalized education allows to develop capacities and competencies in each student, being of greater interest to the center what the child “is” and not what the child and the girl “knows”.
7. Attention to the diversity of students will be a priority, favouring the development of affective bonds between peers, empathy and mutual help.
8. Knowledge will be the means to achieve greater social integration, to stimulate the creative faculties and to awaken scientific-cultural desires and aspirations, in order to allow the students and the students to develop their personal autonomy in order to To develop in their own environment and prepare them to join active life and/or continuous specialized training.
9. We consider fundamental the acquisition of study habits and techniques of intellectual work, as well as scientific, technical, humanistic, historical and aesthetic knowledge.
10. Students and pupils will be educated in respect for the linguistic and cultural plurality of Spain.
11. The idea of belonging to Europe compatible with the natural inclination to feel Spanish and Andalusian citizens (or of any other autonomous community) will be promoted between the students and the pupils.
12. The knowledge and appreciation of the cultural heritage of Andalusia will be fostered, as well as the problems and needs of the Andalusian people.
13. Our educational community will enhance the use of free time in a positive and creative way.
14. We will ensure that our students learn to differentiate the consumer and advertising proposals of the media, basic and real necessities, valuing money in a fair measure.
15. In the aspect of coexistence, ideological pluralism, which implies non-discrimination for any reason, whether political, ethnic, religious or gender, will be respected.
16. The Centre is declared non-denominational, respecting the principles and practices of religious freedom.
17. The Centre is not ascribes to any political ideology.
18. Our centre favours the participation of the different sectors of the educational community.
WHAT WE OFFER
EDUCATIONAL QUALITY TAILORED TO THE PERSON
The educational quality and the formation in the humanistic values are in the CDM above ideological considerations or elitist positions. We believe in the measure of the person and in the adaptation of the system to this dimension.
LINGUISTIC INTEGRATION OF FOREIGN LAGUAGES
Ours is a project based on educational principles and a methodology that we begin in early childhood education and ends in high school, whose objectives and contents are worked progressively in each course.
INTEGRATION OF STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
At the Maria Teaching Centre, our founding DNA is part of the commitment of integrating the different needs of the person regardless of their intellectual level and capacities. Naturally, but with a rigorous follow-up, all the special needs of the students in these circumstances are addressed and integrated in our center.
“Academic training is first class and the demands on work and training prepare them for a future outside the school where they will be distinguished from others. Although there are other schools where the façade is more interesting, by my own experience the important thing is the interior. “
“When we arrived at his new school in the USA, his father and I were planning to put some reinforcement classes in order to adapt to the English classes. It was not necessary: the adaptation of Gonzalo was perfect, and showed the excellent level of English of our dear school. We can’t be more thankful. “
“It was a priority for us to combine a level education with a way of educating closer to the person. We didn’t want to build a curriculum, we wanted to educate a person. I think our daughters will always be grateful to us for this decision. “
“I as the father of the teacher center Maria 4 of my children in this school, and even now a granddaughter, and experience has been really enriching. Each one with his own personality and qualities, have been cared for and educated to the extent of his talents “
Nuestro profesor de Lengua Castellana y Literatura, Antonio Guerrero, a través de su artículo en ABC de Sevilla nos cuenta los ciclos de charlas que se hacen en CDM sobre cybersegurirdad y tratamiento de información para evitar el uso indebido de internet. Pincha aquí para leer la noticia de ABC completa.
ABC de Sevilla hace eco de nuestros programas de intercambio cultural y lingüístico con EEUU y Francia. Pincha aquí para leer la noticia de ABC completa.
Compartimos con vosotros el artículo de ABC sobre nuestro antiguo alumno Curro Rodríguez Montero, al que deseamos mucha suerte en su nueva etapa en la Universidad de Cambridge, y que siga haciéndonos partícipe de sus éxitos. Curro Rodríguez Montero: La excelencia como hábito
Os dejamos un artículo muy completo e interesante de la OMS que nos hace llegar una de nuestras familias de infantil y que cuanto menos da que pensar, es nuestra responsabilidad educar en hábitos de vida saludable. oms-recomendaciones-obesidad-infantil
Este pasado viernes pudimos disfrutar de nuevo de nuestra Carrera Solidaria. El compromiso con la ONG “Save de Children” se ha visto reflejado en el nivel de participación de los alumnos, el cual, ha sido mayor que el año pasado. Las diferentes carreras han transcurrido en un ambiente ameno y emocionante. ¡Gracias a tosd@s por […]
Interesante artículo publicado en el portal de Educación de ABC de Sevilla sobre la experiencia de estudiar en el extranjero de Rubén Ruiz-Mateos Serrano, estudiante de Ingeniería Biomédica en el Imperial College of London y antiguo alumno de CDM. Podéis leer el artículo completo aquí.
Another year, the students of 2nd of ESO of the teaching center Maria bring us the radio programs created and edited by themselves, with the coordination of the professors Carlos Ibeas and Juan Rios. It has been several months of intense work where we have experimented with information and communication technologies. The result? Give the […]
Here is our promotional video “a Day at CDM”, shows any day in our center, with images of each of the stages of our educational offer, children, primary, ESO and Bachillerato. Recorded and edited by Fernando Rodríguez Marmolejo. https://www.youtube.com/embed/yYp3utXOg7E
Sorry, this entry is only available in European Spanish.
We present the new corporative image of CDM. It has opted for a logo that represents each of our 4 educational stages represented by a different size and a different color. The 4 stages form a unit, symbol of the team work characteristic of the CDM, all to one. On the other hand we have […]